Monday, November 23, 2009

Off to Ecuador

When autumn falls on the West Kootenay my thoughts usually drift from a seemingly endless summer to anticipation of the bottomless snow that will soon blanket the amazing Selkirk Mountains. And I dream of fresh days of deep powder skiing and think of friends with whom I share the winter.

But this year it's south to Ecuador and the Andes Mountains, the warm South Pacific coast and remote rivers of the Amazon Jungle. Lost in the excitement and promise of a new adventure, it's almost odd that I feel a soothing voice deep within me. It quietly assures me that these special mountains and the shores of Kootenay Lake is where I belong, and offers me the comfort of knowing that I will always return to my beautiful homeland.

Copyright Doug Pyper

Copyright Doug Pyper

My next post will be from Quito, Ecuador in about ten days. I'll be posting regularly from South America with all kinds of stories and photos.

So keep checkin' in.

No comments: